Wednesday 4 June 2008

Insights

It's now been over a month since I last posted. I've got my blog up and working - though it needs a lot more work. Still it's there with some links to books that have been a big help.

I've been away on vacation and family life has caught up to me. Since I last wrote, I've gained some interesting insight. Alma 37:6 states: Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise. I've learned a lot over the last month about that scripture and how it applies to me. I've learned that top priorities have to take precedence over everything else. I want to write, and I am, but is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. That can't be helped when you work full time, are married and have four children. Trying to balance everything -- me time, wife time, children time, family time, work time, writing time, reading time, play time -- is a tremendous challenge, especially for someone like myself who has never been really organized. Bottom line, I'm learning that I can't do it all and do it well. I have to start out small and work up from there. I'd like to take the LDS market by storm. I can't. I would love to be able to post every day, and write tons everyday, but I can't do that and still do all the other things I need to. Still, I'm going to try to post as often as I can.

Have any of you been through this? What do you do to balance things. I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

G. Parker said...

Welcome to the group...lol. It's so tough to try and accomplish all that we want to -- but it's in there striving to come out. Just keep working at it and something will happen. I wrote a blog about this myself -- I think all of us end up feeling this way.

Cindy Beck, author said...

Randy,
Good point about short sentences. When well-written, they're so effective and carry a punch.

Thanks for the reminder to use them!